Pearl Barley, Gorgonzola Cheese, Roasted Celeriac and Char-Grilled Apple.
Celeriac Pearl Barley:
250g Pearl Barley
2 Leek – Chopped
2 Thyme sprigs
1 Garlic Clove
100g Celeriac Puree
50g Gorgonzola Cheese
2 Apples – Cut into 8
2 Celeriac – Cut into 4
- Set your Siemens Induction hob onto high heat and in a large Scanpan pot, add pearl barley, garlic and thyme.
- Add water to cover and cook until soft.
- Sauté leeks till soft, and add the pearl barley and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add Celeriac Puree to bind the mixture and then add Gorgonzola cheese to achieve a creamy consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside for later use.
- Place apples in lemon water to prevent oxidization (browning).
- Chargrill the apples using a pan or direct grill.
- Season celeriac with salt, pepper and olive oil and roast celeriac bits in a hot pan until golden brown.