Easter is around the corner and while we’re all self-isolating at home, why not use the opportunity to create a special meal in honour of the occasion?
- 2kg Lamb shoulder, deboned
- 20g Rosemary
- 1 Bulb of garlic, cut in half
- 4 Shallots, cut in half
- 20g Thyme
- 500ml Lamb Stock
- 250ml Red Wine
- Olive Oil
- Sea salt & black pepper
For the Mash
- 1kg Waxy potatoes, peeled
- 150ml Milk
- 200g Butter
- Oven – My Siemens Combi Oven has a “Slow Cook” setting, which results in perfectly cooked meat, every time!
- Large sauté pan – my Scanpan Pro IQ pan is perfect for this kind of rustic recipe. They’re available to purchase through the Chef’s Studio online store; to shop, click here.
- Pot for the mash!
- Generously season the shoulder of lamb with olive oil, salt and pepper and leave to rest for approximately 1 hour
- Preheat the oven to 140⁰C using the slow cook setting on your Siemens oven
- In the hot Scanpan sauté pan, place the lamb fat-side down and roast until the fat is golden and rendered
- Add the garlic, shallots, rosemary and thyme, and allow to gain colour in the lamb fat
- Drain the excess lamb fat and save for later
- Add the wine and stock to the pan and reduce for 2 minutes. Cover with the lid, place in the oven and allow to cook for 4 – 4.5 hours
- For the mash, place the potatoes in a pan of salted water, bring to the boil and simmer until cooked. Strain and mash the potatoes, adding the milk, butter and salt, and beating until smooth. Now take the lamb fat you saved from earlier and beat into the mash for extra, smoky flavour!
- Once the lamb is cooked, take out of the oven and allow to rest for 15 minutes before removing the lid. This keeps the lamb moist and juicy
- Pull the lamb off the bone and serve with the roasted garlic, shallots and a large helping of the mash. Spoon over the roasting juices from the pan, and get stuck in!
If you would like to support us, please consider purchasing a gift voucher to redeem after lockdown. Whether it be for you, or as a gift for a loved one or friend, your support would mean the world to us!
The Grub & Vine vouchers can be used for lunch or dinner, while The Chef’s Studio vouchers can be redeemed against our interactive cooking experiences.*
Thank you for your support!
Chef Matt Manning